FirstIn Blog Home > General Dogsbody Wanted!
General Dogsbody Wanted!
FirstIn are on the hunt for a general dogsbody they can kick around the office. The following is a short list of absolute musts – which we will scrutinise to the nth degree if you make it through to an interview....so be warned! Must:
• Consider themselves a total geek
• Love electronics and all things tech
• Know the difference between RAM and ROM and be able to write a convincing description that makes a punter (by punter I mean an incredibly valued customer) genuinely believe they need something they don't.
• Love working from sunup to sundown with nary a seconds rest.
You'll perform a wide range of copywriting, administrative and office stuff to facilitate the efficient operation and growth of the team.
In this job, you'll learn: how to track down a power cord for a Yamaha power-saw at short notice.
Intangible benefits: Girlfriends/boyfriends presents are pretty much sorted for the next 3 years.
Potential hazards: Sourcing the wrong cord for the Yamaha and attempting to trim the tree outside.
If FirstIn were a superhero team, you'd be: The rookie cop who's just so dazzled by everything and can't wait to be the liaison between the department and the heroes. Which means you'll have super powers within the year. Bet on it.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• The ability to write a 3 paragraph blurb about an Intel Core i7 Processor Chip that somehow makes even my Mum want to buy one.
• Sales or customer service experience.
• Genuine interest and knowledge in consumer electronics and tech products.
• Computer skills and knowledge of standard MS Office.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Helping us choose which bloody cool items we should sell that day - we get in at 7.30am and so will you - we genuinely sell the coolest stuff we can find in the global wholesale markets that morning.
• Coordination, communication, tracking, quality assurance of all orders
• Write, update, maintain and manage all product listings
• Writing tech blogs to keep our customers interested and educated.
• Daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly reports for management and for buying team
• Manage, approve, track and communicate with customers regarding all returns
• Go into the warehouse and help with packing and sending as needed
• Diligent work scheduling, communication skills - written, verbal and ability to influence, planning and organizing, prioritizing, problem assessment and problem solving, ability to gather information, attention to detail and accuracy, and customer service orientation and focus as a team player.
Other Skills and Attributes:
• Learning agility
• Problem solving and decision-making
• Naturally curious and interested in finding out how business works and how it can be better.
• Technical skills
• Detail orientation
• Organization skills
• Software knowledge (MS Suite)
• Copywriting skills
• Proofreading expertise
• Demonstrated ability to multitask/react to pressure
How to Apply?
We don't want a hundred CV's for this role - we need a tech geek who loves our business, will work hard to make our business better and wants to get a foot in the door of one of the most interesting and fast-growing companies around. This is somebody's dream job....prove to us that that somebody is you.
7.30am - 4.30pm
Monday - Friday
Parnell, Auckland based
Your cart is lonely :(